11 February 2007

Blondie


Maybe there's someone in the universe who has never heard Blondie's Heart of Glass. Actually there's probably millions, but let me have the cliched exaggeration. I'm sure there's also a few of those of have heard it that don't know anything about Blondie. Probably wandering around asking for that glass hearts song by Dinah Washington or someone you know from the olden days.

But I'm going to assume that you do know all about Blondie and that you know all about the fact that Heart Of Glass started life as Once I Had a Love and that it was originally recorded in 1975 and that it features a sloppy guitar solo, minimal arrangement and most importantly Debbie Harry's voice bang up in the middle, singing lyrics which do not feature any glass hearts.


Once I had a Love It was a gas,

soon turned out to be a thing of the past.

And I'm going to assume that you know this version and that you actually prefer it to the original. AND I'm going to assume that you don't need me to post this track up for your listening pleasure, because you got your Blondie box set out last night and listened to it. - however if I'm wrong have a listen to this:

Blondie - Once I had a Love (AKA the disco song) [1975 Version]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sweeeeeeeet. I love blondie. and al your assumptions are correct, except for the last one.

iainmspillane said...

I am not a Blondie fan, however this was pretty fun to hear.